Saturday, April 10, 2010

mount boot unknown filesystem type 'ext2'

Problem :


When I execute : mount /boot/, I have the following :
mount: unknown filesystem type 'ext2'

In my /etc/fstab, I have  :
 /dev/sda1               /boot           ext2            defaults        1 2


Solution :


Add a journal to /dev/sda1 :

tune2fs -O has_journal /dev/sda1

Then modify ext2 en ext3 in /etc/fstab.

 /dev/sda1               /boot           ext3            defaults        1 2

So, now you can make a mount : mount /boot




Link : Solution

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant. I spent soooo long trying to get round this the "right" way and get ext2 working by going back to older and older kernels and ext2 module versions. On the bright side, I learned a lot more about modules and kernel updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is really a good piece of information. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete